Embrace the Change



It is crazy how fast time flies. The days go by and nothing seems to change. The years suddenly have passed by and you realize you are 30 years old. Things are different than they were years to even a year ago, mostly my body.. meh.  Most changes... not pertaining to my body... are subtle, so it feels like their hasn't been any but they are the big changes.

As I look back on the years, even last year, I realize I am not the same person I used to be. I am not even the same person I was yesterday. And that's okay. I am bettering myself. We are supposed to evolve. We are not meant to be the same. I would have never changed if I let myself be the same person I was yesterday, a week ago, a year ago, or a decade ago. THANK YOU, JESUS!

Can I get an A M E N!


I wholeheartedly believe that everything happens for a reason. People come in and out of your lives for a reason. Some meet you at the perfect time during a season and it isn't until the rainbows come out that we notice that, if we notice. Ecclesiastes 3:1 says that everything that happens in this world happens at the time God chooses. That is so true. I have had so many great people come into my life just when I needed them, and some have abruptly went away. Sometimes seasons are tough and they just literally suck ass. But, we all know the rain must happen before the sun shines during the storm.

There is beauty in dancing in the rain.

One thing I have learned in this 30 years on Earth is how to express my feelings and not necessarily in the right ways... I used to do it in all the wrong ways and sometimes still, to becoming a pushover, to standing my ground. I am grateful for my teachers who help me learn how to do this the right way.
Instead of keeping them inside and exploding like a ticking time bomb, I am learning everyday how to express them in the right ways. Most importantly though, I learned to give my worries and fears to God. 1 Peter 5:7 says to cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. I am so thankful for the teachings of that.

Another thing I am learning and will never stop learning is how to stand up for myself and beliefs in the right way. Having grace for others who do not feel the same as I do. Learning to see others perspective and not to judge them for that. That will always be something I can work on.

Sit down, be humble.

All things that have happened, good and bad, have shaped me into who I am today. Heartbreak, love, friendships, trials and tribulations. Grace. I am a stronger, bolder, woman and as a friend told me once, and only once have I ever heard this, an overcomer. I have learned that if it is risky and difficult, it is more than likely God doing work. My story is proof of that. I have grown because of those scary, uncomfortable risks that were oh so worth it.

I like to think of myself as someone who tries to be better than the day before. That is just who I am. I want to be the best version of myself and with that, I am glad I have changed. Evolved. I love myself now. And on most days, I am proud of myself. Without my past, my present, and changes, I couldn't be who I am and that makes turning 30 a wonderful accomplishment for me.


                                       


Comments

Popular Posts