To my best friend who began to drift away

I have been contemplating on this letter for awhile now. Before I begin, I would like to say with all my heart that you have been one of the bestest friends ever. I wouldn't be writing this if you weren't. I wholeheartedly want to thank you for everything you have done for me and to me. From 18+ plus years ago to now.

I have always looked up to you. I have always admired your strength. The way you mother. The way you seem to take on everything and manage it all. I have always loved the time we have spent and made together. Let's face it though, over time people change and so do relationships. Sometimes relationships change because it is just inevitable, whether we like it or not. Right? I am writing this letter because our super rad sisterhood has started to frizzle out.

You were the person I couldn't wait to call as soon as I got off work, or rather when you got off work. We used to be really close. Tell each other everything. We were more sisters than friends. We could talk about the most random and grossest things and not judge each other at all. We would never stop finding things to talk about and there is something special and amusing about that. I used to think we would never get tired of each other. But I guess we have -- in some sort of way. I do not know if it was me, or you, or both of us. I do not know if we got tired of each other's ruminations and anecdotes. But we let it happen. That is the saddest part of it all.

Admit it or not, things are different now between us. We were way closer before than we are right now. I feel like there is a barrier between us. Secrets have led to distance. I want to say that I am sorry if I have been rather distant when we have always been so close. Forgive me for refusing to talk to you sometimes. I truthfully admit I am doing that on purpose only because talking to you makes me sad because it is not the same.

The worst realization, is that we can not keep something that is alive and good forever. There comes a time when things fall out of place and sometimes we can prevent it and sometimes we don't do anything about it. As for us, I hope to regain friendship and what has been missing. For the truth is, I am blessed you have been apart my life. I hope to regain friendship so we can at least talk sometimes and laugh together, I hope to catch up on things we have been missing out on. Life. I hope to talk about the crazy things we used to talk about and share. I hope that you read this so you can know my true feelings. We all know I am good at staying in arms length away.

Miss you ho.

XOXO
CAYLA

Comments

Popular Posts