Red, White, & Blueberry Summer Popsicles

Red, White, & Blueberry Summer Popsicles


Normally, I am the mom who just like to throw those freezer pops into the freezer and let the kids have them whenever they want cool off. In fact, I've never made ice cream, or popsicles for that matter. But, my children love to eat ice cream, like everyday. So, me deciding if this is battle I want to fight, I have decided they can have it whenever they want ( well, not really, but you know with mom's permission). My oldest hates anything colorful, especially green. I pondered ways to get her to eat the foodies she says she "doesn't" like. Tomorrow is the fourth, so I was the crafty, pinteresting, target shopping mom today and hears what the girlies and I came up with. 


Not exactly how I pictured in my head, more patriotic is what I was shooting for. But nevertheless, it is the all-time Pinterest fail in the photo. But they are SO TASTY!!!!
 Here's the recipe:

Prep Time       Total Time 
  15 min.            8 hours

Ingredients:
2 c. Strawberries
1 c. pineapple chunks
1 banana 
1 c. blueberries
Sweetener of choice
12 oz. of low fat plain or vanilla yogurt
1/2 tsp. lemon juice

Popsicle molds and sticks

In a blender or food processor throw in the strawberries and pineapple. Add some juice or sweetener if needed. 
Next, blend the banana, blueberries, and lemon juice (I added a tiny bit of water to help blend). 
Layer the yogurt, strawberry pineapple mixture, and the blueberry banana mixture into the popsicle molds. 
Place in freezer for 7-8 hours. 
When fully set, run some warm water over the bottom to loosed. Pullout each popsicle and enjoy!!!! 

My picky eater will never know I am winning!! 


Happy Fourth Of July from my family to yours!! 



Comments

Popular Posts