Sight See Your City

Friday morning we got up and decided to get out of the house. I love impromptu adventures with my family, especially when it involves my husband. He works a butt load of hours to give us this home we live in, so we do what seems like a lot, of fun things with out Dad. Chris and I contemplated on what could do that's fun, cheap ( free gets me really excited), and exciting for the kiddos. 
                                       
                                         DOWNTOWN KANSAS CITY 

We walked around Crown Center, and being a planner and not planning this out today, we showed up right when they opened. Parking wasn't chaotic. I was applauding our time inside. It felt good to get out of the house, no schedule, and feel stress-free. It was nice. 
We went to the free exhibit Crown Center has. The girls love it there. They call it crayon center, probably because of the Crayola Store and Restaurant. Mr. Potato Head was the exhibit and the girls had fun relieving their balled up energy. Did I mention it's FREE!! 
I had packed a lunch that morning. PB&J's, apples, crackers, and water. I had also thrown the picnic blanket in the trunk, hoping for a picnic date with my fam. Then we walked past Fritz's It's a cute railroad themed, hamburger joint.You call your order in on a telephone that's at your table and a little train car on the track that goes around the restaurant drops your food off. The kiddos get engineer hats. We couldn't turn it down for peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. 

Next, we headed out across the street. We crossed the street heading towards Kaleidoscope and seen the Kona Ice truck. It's like 100 degrees these days, so we all got a treat. Then the fountains came one and music was playing. It was a peaceful moment together watching the fountains while dipping our spoons into watermelon flavored crushed ice. A moment to enjoy the beauty of our city, People walked by and stopped,and for a moment you get to enjoy your city as if you were a tourist. It's truly a beautiful city


Off to Kaleidoscope, if you haven't been there it is another amazingly fun thing to do with the kiddos that is FREE!! Yes, I am clapping in emotions as I am writing that. Arts and crafts tables everywhere, We painted, made puzzles, read a book, and played with the neon paint. It is a must if you are in Kansas City. It's nice to take in all the things you can do with your family here in our hometown. 

We had planned on riding the new awesome streetcar that was recently put in. That thing looks awesome and so futuristic. There was a massive line at Union Station, ( by the way that place is fun also). But, did I mention it was like 100 degrees?! We decided to pass that option and go to the farmers market. I was so excited my husband made that decision for us. I was just thinking of the germs inside the bus we would touch. I had been sick all week so I wasn't looking forward to more germs. I love the farmers market, especially on Saturdays, I love going down and getting fresh flowers, fruits and veggies. Not only that, I love supporting our local farmers. Fresh strawberries, avocados, pineapple, apples, lettuce... well you get it. 

Our day trip was fun down in the city. Lots of more stuff we could do. That took up most of the afternoon. Family time is my most favorite time of all. When I am with them, my heart is calm and at peace. We ended the day with fresh carne asada from the Mexican meat market. It was AMAZING! I just need cooking lessons on "soupa". But, that's for another time. 
Thank you all for reading my blogs and sharing my little adventures. I am not the most photographic person, but hey, I TRY!! 



Comments

Popular Posts